Thursday, March 2, 2017

The Journey Begins!

Hey everyone! My name is Jessi and I have been a huge fan of the sims since the original. I am a generational game-play type of simmer, so having long family trees is kind of my thing. I have a family that I started in Sims 3 and continued into Sims 4 that has now reached generation 81. (Yes I do play on normal lifespan, but no I don't always get into the details for each individual sim in my family; it depends on the story I'm going for)

Sometime last year I started to get a little bored with my main legacy family, and discovered the Sims 4 History Challenge on The Sims Forum. (Full credit goes to Cloudseaker for developing the idea.) I have a masters degree in World History, so when I heard about the challenge I knew I had to participate.


However, the original rules for the History Challenge are kind of strict (it is a challenge after all so that's not a criticism!) and I am not generally one for playing with restrictions. My favorite things about the Sims is building worlds and building stories and that was why I decided to play the history challenge except with my own spin on it.


My goal: Like the original challenge, I would play a legacy-style game play starting form the Prehistoric era, spanning over several historical time periods, and working my way up to the modern era. In the end I would marry my history challenge heir into my main legacy family. 

After the Industrial Era/1900s-1910s I switched from a History Challenge to more of  a Decades Challenge and played each decade until the 2010s. In total I spanned around 17 generations and 19 time periods, if counted correctly. It took roughly 5 months of game play total. I started in December of 2015 and played through late January 2016 when I then moved abroad for 8 months returning at the end of August, and began playing again from October of 2016 - December of 2016. 

Unlike some of the other players I wanted to use as little cc as possible. I almost completely managed to avoid it, but in the Middle Ages and Renaissance period, I didn't have much of a choice. Even then, I limited my cc to clothing. For those interested, I will detail what expansions/game packs/stuff packs I used in each time period.

One note: In the beginning I did not think I would end up starting a blog, so I don't always have photos for everything. I was much more thorough later on. But I will do my best to show fill you in on any gaps when they pop up. 

If you have any questions, criticisms, or compliments please leave a comment on the blogpost in question or send me a message!

Can't wait to share my journey with you!
Jessi



No comments:

Post a Comment